Thursday, August 1, 2013

Holiday

Drought

I made it to Petchabun but unfortunately the location I had initially chosen wasn't really worth trying out because the water was very low as you can see from the pictures below
River in Petchabun
River dam in Petchabun

River in Petchabun
Very low level of water in the river

Sunset

I decided to venture a little further down river and try my luck. The sun was beginning to set while I was on my way which provided a very nice backdrop
Beautiful sunset in petchabun
Beautiful sunset

Weir

I reached another spot by a weir and decided to give it a pop. The light was fading fast but I managed to get my gear set up about 10 minutes before the last of it. The water was very brown and murky so I decided against using spinners and used some good old homemade bait instead which absolutely stinks but is good for attracting fish. 
Weir in Petchabun
Muddy waters

Bites

I dinked my bait in at the foot of the weir and immediately started getting bites ............................. from mosquitoes. The nasty little critters had their knives and forks out just waiting for dinner which happened to be me! I managed to endure the mozzies in the dark for about 2 hours before calling it quits. I'd have stayed longer if there was any action but I only managed to catch 2 tiddlers which the locals call 'Pla Goad'. They look like a type of catfish but I'm not sure of the English name. If any of you recognize them, let me know.
Pla goad fish in Thailand
Playmates for my goldfish

Hope

It's the rainy season now so it won't be long before rivers and lakes are brimming with water and hopefully fish too.

No comments:

Post a Comment