Monday, August 12, 2013

Fishing Park

Phrae Fishing Park

Today, I went to a fishing park in Phrae province with some friends.
FISHING PARK IN PHRAE THAILAND
Phrae Fishing Park

We got there before 9 a.m. and basically had the place to ourselves for the first hour which was great. I tried a few different rigs and bates including sausage in the hopes that a catfish might take it. The sausage proved to be ineffective as I didn't get any bites.

Giant Mekong Catfish

I then switched to plain, unflavored breadcrumbs which was a hit with the Pla Beuk. I managed to catch a few of them but the one in the picture below was the biggest.
PLA BEUK
Pla Beuk

The One that Got Away

One of my friends hooked onto a giant and battled with it for over 40 minutes. Just as he finally got it close to the shoreline, the hook snapped at the bend in the shank. We did catch a glimpse of it before the hook snapped. It was also a Pla Buek but about twice the size of the one pictured.

I was hoping to catch a bigger variety of fish at this fishing park because there are lots of different species in there. The only fish feeding today seemed to be the Pla Beuk as that's all anyone was pulling out. We stayed there until about four o'clock. By that time the lake was getting overpopulated by fishermen. Lines were getting tangled by people casting over us so we called it quits for the day.

All in all, we had a good day fishing. The Pla beuk were good fun and put up a really good fight. Next time I go there, I'll make sure to use quality fishing hooks to reduce the chances of losing fish. At least my friend came away with a 'one that got away' story.

No comments:

Post a Comment